STILL NOW. The Dinner features Felicia Ferrone’s iconic glassware collections within an imaginative interpretation of a dinner where inspirations from Renaissance banquets, still life paintings of the 1600s, and contemporary art references come together to explore themes of memory, emotion, and sustainability.
STILL NOW. The Dinner at Villa Mirabello unfolds in a monochromatic installation where everyday objects, enveloped in the iconic ultramarine hue, are distilled down to the essence of their form. Ferrone's glassware creations, contemporary in design, often characterized by some as reminiscent of the past and to others seen as futuristic, emerge from the monochromatic landscape in dialogue, proposing new ways of being through recontextualization and contemporization.
These objects from the early part of the 20th century - found in flea markets and secondhand shops - capture what the designer refers to as ‘Neo-Grannyism’ as an exploration of memory, form, and revalorization to emphasize how good design is a value that transcends obsolescence and our throwaway culture.Ferrone illustrates how good design can rise above trends, extend the life of an object and give us a new perspective on sustainability while establishing more meaningful connections to our past and present.This reflection on the assemblage of the objects collected inspired the designer to study still life paintings from the 1600s, which historically depicted glassware, vessels, and other everyday objects.
Milan Design Week Guides:
- Feature in Design - La Repubblica. Da voi in Italia ho trovato l’America
- IFDM: Back to Fuorisalone
- Formfaktor. Objekte mit Seele – Felicia Ferrone hinterfragt Archetypen
- Interni Magazine. Fuorisalone 2023: the most instgrammable installations
- Abitare. Design Jamboree
- Vanity Fair. Fuorisalone 2023: gli appuntamenti imperdibili della Milano Design Week
- Elle Decor. Guida alla Milano Design Week fuori dai distretti: la città intorno e il design
- ArtTribune. Milano Design Week 2023. Guida agli eventi da non perdere per il Fuorisalone
- ArchiPanic. Milan Design Week 2023: 15 must-visit design exhibitions
- iO Donna. Milano inconsueta. Cinque luoghi da riscoprire durante la Design Week
- Conosco un posto. 10 spazi e brand che forse non conoscete al Fuorisalone 2023
- Corriere della Sera. Milano Design Week: cosa vedere al Fuorisalone 2023. Da Brera a Giambellino
- Cieloterra Design. Cool, design on the rocks: 23 eventi da gustare col bicchiere in mano
- Formfaktor. TOP 15 Highlights der Mailänder Designwoche 2023
- Archtrends Portobello. A incansável e surpreendente Milão
- Design Tellers. STILL NOW. The Dinner – Al di là del blu con Felicia Ferrone